I know this is an old post, but we have had the same issue for a few years now. We noticed the issue only happened on devices that had Dell Encryption installed. We use DDPE and leverage their policy-based encryption. We were able to get the console to continue launching if we renamed the cache folder. While the console is in a hung state, rename the folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\BigFix\Enterprise Console\servername\username. A new one will immediately get created and the old one can be deleted. We have tried excluding this folder in the encryption policies but it did not help.
We are currently testing a batch script that renames the folder prior to launch. The interesting discovery is we can rename the folder and rename it back so the old cache can be used. This seems to work on a current test device but only if the exclusion policy to not encrypt is added.
We are working will Dell on trying to get the proper exclusion policy added or other solution at the moment.