BigFix Console - SCM Reporting - Exception Management Dashboard

Normally when using SCM I manage everything in the SCA Web Interface, but I decided to explore the Exception Management Dashboard in the BES Console thinking that any exceptions added in the SCA would be reflected there…and…ERRRRR! Not!

So the exception management dashboard doesn’t appear to show any exceptions that exist in the ComplianceDB (which are listed in the Management >> Exceptions) in SCA. Further…Any exception added via the Console’s ‘Create New Exception’ feature does not translate to the SCA’s ‘Management >> Exceptions’ view.

So…simple question…WTH is this dashboard good for?

That dashboard is, I believe, deprecated in favor of the Compliance Web Interface (which maintains its own database and set of exceptions.)

If I recall correctly, that is marked in the first page of the wizard. It is still available to continue servicing customers using older workflows, but I don’t think it is being actively updated.

Thanks Jason. I thought as much initially, but other deprecated dashboards show (Deprecated) at the end of the name in the BES Console and since this one didn’t I was hesitant to assume that.

I’ll note that when I answer questions about it.

Mike