Bigfix console migration

Hi ,

Currently we have IEM server and console in same V-LAN.
client reporting to it are around 14k.
we have challenge now to move the console to another V-LAN.
Is it feasible ?
if yes , what are dependency (bandwidth , latency etc.) ?
Please help

yes, you can install BigFix console anywhere, the only thing concerned here is connection speed if thats not enough you will see slowness during console usages.

Hi Khurava,

Thanks for quick response, can you tell me what is minimum speed required .

I am not sure about minimum but this is what HCL recommend.

Use high-speed network connections between your consoles and servers, preferably with LAN connections of at least 100 MBPS, running the console from a computer with a slow connection often results in very long load times.

However in our infra we have 1GBPS to 10GBPS connection for console servers.

2 Likes

I regularly use a console that is very remote from our main server (different continent but with good connectivity). Console load times can be long (eg 30 mins) but once loaded I rarely see any issues. I set my console refresh to be every 30 mins so it reduces the amount and frequency of refreshing from the main server. I would also say watch out when opening analysis that have a lot of properties as that does cause console freeze though TBH, I’ve seen that even running a console local on the main server so I think it not related to my remote console. You can remove properties from the analysis view to reduce the performance impact in those cases.

1 Like