Updated CIS Centos Linux 8 Benchmark with bugfixes.
CIS Centos Linux 8 Benchmark, v1.0.0
CIS Checklist for Centos Linux 8, site version 2
(The site version is provided for air-gap customers.)
Fixed and improved implementation for the following check:
- Ensure SSH access is limited
- Ensure permissions on SSH private host key files are configured
- Ensure journald is configured to send logs to rsyslog
- Ensure journald is configured to write logfiles to persistent disk
- Ensure journald is configured to compress large log files
- Ensure sudo log file exists
- Ensure password fields are not empty
- Ensure password expiration warning days is 7 or more
- Ensure password expiration is 365 days or less
- Ensure inactive password lock is 30 days or less
- Ensure minimum days between password changes is 7 or more
Actions to take:
• To subscribe to the above site, you can use the License Overview Dashboard to enable and gather the site. Note that you must be entitled to the BigFix Compliance product and you must be using BigFix version 9.2 and later.
• If you use custom sites, update your custom sites accordingly to use the latest content. You can synchronize your content by using the Synchronize Custom Checks wizard. For more information, see https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/compliance/Compliance/SCM_Users_Guide/c_using_synchronize_custom_checks_wiz.html.
To know more about the BigFix Compliance SCM checklists, please see the following resources:
• BigFix Forum:
• BigFix Compliance SCM Checklists:
We hope you find this latest release of SCM content useful and effective. Thank you!
– The BigFix Compliance team