BigFix Compliance Data Import Error

UPDATE: 22 Feb 2023 2:54pm ET

We have released a fix for the below issue. Please ensure you are using v1910 for the Updates for Windows Application site before the next BFC import. You can do this manually by using the gather button seen here: BigFix Compliance Data Import Error

ORIGINAL TEXT:

Hello All,

We have become aware of a data import error with SCA impacting clients in BigFix Compliance. The log snippet has most commonly been:

2023-02-21 09:49:10 (+0:00:00.000) INFO: ETL Datasource task: from Datasource - PR::Patch (0x00000020B69B2960 - 0x00000020B72FC6C1): Failed2023-02-21 09:49:37 (+0:00:27.389) ERROR: Sequel::DatabaseError: Java::JavaSql::BatchUpdateException: Error converting data type date to datetime.

So far, we have seen this apply to customers using BigFix Platform 10.0.7/10.0.8 in conjunction with BigFix Compliance 2.0.6/2.0.7/2.0.8

However, it is possible that more versions could be impacted and we will update when we know more information.

The support, services, and development team are working together to find the cause and build a resolution. We will have an update EOD today. Appreciate the patience and please feel free to open a support ticket so our team can assist you.

Jordan Warsoff - BigFix Product Manager

5 Likes

UPDATE: 22 Feb 2023 11:44am ET

The team believes there is an issue with the Updates for Windows Application site (we believe version 1,908) and the associated patch content that released on Feb 20th 2023. We are working on finding the content that caused the specific problem

In the meantime we have found a temporary solution:

1. Disable the Updates for Windows Applications Site
  2. Rerun the import in Compliance
2 Likes

Hello, Thank you for this article as I am running into this problem as well. I did want to contribute that my deployment has 1909 as the site version for “updates for windows applications”

1 Like

UPDATE: 22 Feb 2023 2:08pm

We have identified 3 fixlets in the Updates for Windows Application site that were creating the errors preventing the import. We have published v1910 to the Updates for Windows Applications and are in the final stages of testing to triple confirm the fix eliminates the errors. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding at this time!

1 Like

Sounds good, thank you for the updates!

My pleasure! Thank you for your patience

UPDATE: 22 Feb 2023 2:42pm ET

It appears that v1910 for the Updates for Windows Application site has eliminated all the errors reported in the previous versions. Please be sure that the root server has gathered v1910 before the next BFC import. This can be done manually by using the Gather button seen here:

MicrosoftTeams-image

Thanks for your patience today, let us know if you have any other questions or updates.

2 Likes

Gathered the new site and confirmed that the imports are now successful. Thank you again!

2 Likes