Client Manager for Endpoint Protection (CMEP) now has more complete support for Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.x for Mac OS
1. New fixlet to restart the service for Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.x
Title: Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x/14.x Not Running for Macintosh
A new fixlet is added to allow an operator to restart the service of Symantec Endpoint Point Protection 14.x if it is not running.
2. Updated analysis for Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) v14.x
CMEP’s support for SEP 14.x has been updated/improved to provide more analysis information.
Title: Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.x for Mac- Client Information
The following properties are updated/added to provide more analysis support:
• Symantec Endpoint Protection Client version.
• Symantec Endpoint Protection Client service status.
• Symantec Endpoint Protection definition version.
• Symantec Endpoint Protection definition installed date.
Client Manager for Endpoint Protection, site version 4283
Actions to take:
• To subscribe to the above site, you can use the License Overview Dashboard to enable and gather the site. Note that you must be entitled to the BigFix Compliance product and you must be using BigFix version 9.2 and later.
• Gather the indicated (or higher) Client Manager for Endpoint Protection site version.
To know more about the BigFix Compliance: Client Manager for Endpoint Protection, please see the following resource:
• BigFix Forum:
We hope you find this latest release of CMEP useful and effective. Thank you!
The BigFix Compliance CMEP team