BigFix ClientUI, ADMX, and BigFix.Me Talk Slides

Hello!

I wanted to attach the presentation I made during the BigFix User Group Meeting today:
ClientUI - ADMX - BFUserGroup.pdf (1.3 MB)

Topics covered:

1. Making your own BigFix ClientUI
  2. ADMX to Fixlet conversion
  3. BigFix.Me Challenges
5 Likes

I am trying just the basics and for some reason I am unable to get the relevance to actually do anything. I am trying the below code and I get nothing other than the “Hostname”, the relevance code is literally giving nothing for some reason, on Chrome, IE, and I have tried other boxes as well. I am an HTML rookie, but I can follow most of it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys

<table>
    <th>Hostname</th><th>Status</th>
    <tr><td><?relevance computer name?></td></tr>
</table>

And if I try the below, I just get “…”

<table(style="width:90%">
<tr>
<td(width="35%">ComputerName</td>
<td(width="65%"><?relevance computer name?></td>
…
</tr>
</table>

You actually have to “Install” the .html files into the __UISupport folder of a client and then refresh the client, and re-open the clientui.

I provide the paths, etc in the presentation!

I see, I thought that I would test before I installed it into the directory and went through the whole process, I didn’t understand that it had to be in that folder to parse the relevance, makes sense. Also, I just created the folder on my end, the folder was not previously there. Thanks for the info.

Got it all working, thank you. The only thing that didn’t work was the naming of the technician page. It is spelled with an upper case “T” in the doc, but it only worked for me with a lowercase “t”. The tab would not pop up until after it was named properly.

Thanks again, this is good stuff

1 Like