BigFix Client Reporting Issue

Hello All,

I have one Server which only report once a day, I have enabled command polling but that also does not help.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Regards,
Manish Singh

Command polling only adjusts how frequently the BigFix agent checks upstream to the BigFix Relay/Server.
Check your client logs for Report Posted Successfully messages.

Twice in the log file I see the status as Report posted successfully in the interval of 3-4 minutes.

@Manish If you are seeing Report Post Successfully in the log files, then an upstream component, such as a relay or the fillDB service on the root server are the next place to troubleshoot.

I can confirm that relay is working fine because other associated client to this relay are reporting.
The client which reports only once a day, I have noticed that when I restart the client service its start reporting but again after couple of hours it appears in offline computers.

Check the fillDB logs on the root server for messages with this computer’s computerID getting dropped?

I do not see anything related to computer id in Filldb log file

@Manish it sounds like it is time to raise this with Support, so we can have someone focus on the issue with you, and share log files.