Bigfix Client Remediation for Corrupt BF Agent

Hi Team,

We are facing an issue with our BF environment, there are more than 100K agents in our environment and there are around 4K clients which are Not reporting, to over come this Not reporting issue we have BESClient helper in place.

But this is not fixing the issue as we suspect BF clients are corrupted.

Is there a script or any solution which can be adapted to remove the corrupted BF agent and then re-install them, coz CDT is not helping to install client as its already on machines.

Please look into this team.

Thank you.

@jas.itpro, can you provide any additional details regarding the 4k non-reporting clients? For example, what communications or other errors are seen in the daily BESClient logs (i.e. yyyyMMdd.log)? Have you attempted to enable BESClient debug logging (fixlet ID 157 in BES Support external site) for any of these 4k non-reporting clients? I’d be curious to see what one or more of these non-reporting clients thinks is wrong before speculating on a remediation process.

We experiencing the same issue. On the logs we can see that BESClient was Synchronizing with the server then suddenly stop and the log was not updating also.

@washnware There might be something environmental making the BigFix agent stop reporting. There are lots of techniques that can be used to troubleshoot, but most will involve logs, and the forum is not a great place to share large amounts of log data. Could you please open a support ticket so we can better help you?

https://support.bigfix.com/

Top menu bar > New Cases > Create New Case.

1 Like

I’ve seen this happen from time to time but have never found a root cause. Usually I have to resort to using the BESRemove utility, and reinstalling the client.

1 Like