Bigfix audit tool fails to remove old baselines

I am running version 9.2 for patch management. When adding new fixlets to existing baselines, the console displays every baseline ever created including ones from 4 years ago. This despite the fact that I’ve deleted them from the list of baselines. I was told to download and install the BES Audit Trail Cleaner. I did just that and used the following parameters:
-v : Remove Older Versions of Custom Authored Content.
-o : Remove Deleted Custom Authored Content

However, when I try to add a fixlet to a newly created baseline, I still get hundreds of baselines and scrolling through all of them to find the one I am working is tedious at best. Should I be doing something else. Is this supposed to work?

When was the last time you cleared the cache in the Console itself? Look in File -> Preferences, and click the Clear Cache button, and restart your Console.

The Audit tool does this automatically. However, I gave it shot anyway. Closed the console and restarted. Sadly, it did not help. I am seeing baselines from 2013.

I don’t know that the audit trail cleaner will help in this case. It enables the purging of objects from the database that have already been marked as deleted (and so should no longer appear in the Console).

When you attempt to delete a baseline from the Console, do you get any errors? Are you able to post screenshots?

I do not get any errors when deleting baselines beyond the confirmation message. As you can see, all my baselines are from 2019.
In the second screenshot, when I am trying to add a fixlet to an existing baseline it shows baselines from 2013 and 2014.

Just to verify…would you mind hitting the “Show non-relevant content” button near the top of the console, and check that there are still only 35 baselines? If there are more baselines that are non-relevant (maybe because they were copied to some kind of ‘archive’ site), they would still be candidates for adding new fixlets.

1 Like

Thank you Jason. You nailed it. There were 225 baselines showing when non-relevant content was displayed. I have since removed them, cleared cache and all is good. It’s going to be much easier to build the baselines for the upcoming patches this month. Thanks again!

1 Like

Very glad I could help! That sounded like an unusual problem, I’m relieved to find this wasn’t some kind of bug. Thanks for posting back and ‘Marking as Resolved’.