The BigFix Team is pleased to announce the release of version 10 Patch 8 (10.0.8.37) of BigFix Platform.
The main features in this release are as follows:
Optionally disable local operators to comply with most recent Cyber Security guidelines
Starting from BigFix Platform 10.0.8, you can decide to optionally disable all local operators from logging into the BigFix Console, Web Reports and WebUI, in favour of the LDAP-based operators. This feature may be used to comply with most recent cybersecurity guidelines and standards.
Click here for more info
Enhance audit capabilities of your BigFix deployment with new audit logs
BigFix Platform 10.0.8 introduces a new audit log file which tracks every access and action performed using the BigFix Administration Tool when used via the GUI on Windows or when used via the command line on Windows/Linux. For details, see Server audit logs and Logging
Get more flexibility in writing relevance statements with regular expressions by leveraging the Perl Regular Expressions standard
BigFix Platform 10.0.8 makes available a new client inspector which allows writing regular expressions based on the Perl Regular Expressions standard. This capability is available on Windows only. Click here for more info.
BigFix Agent supports RHEL systems with FIPS mode enabled
You can now install the BigFix Agent on Red Hat systems where FIPS mode is enabled. This is possible as the RPM package delivered with BigFix Platform 10.0.8 supports the sha256 digest in the RPM header, adding another level of security, required to deal with systems in FIPS mode. Click here for more info
Enhanced flexibility for handling Linux BigFix services via full systemd support
BigFix Platform 10.0.8 introduces full support for the systemd services for all main Platform components while still supporting init.d for backward compatibility. Click here for more info
Simplify troubleshooting via new installation logs
BigFix Platform 10.0.8 makes available new installation log files for fresh Windows/Linux installations and upgrades. This release also improves logging capabilities for CDT installations. Click here for more info
Enhanced prefetch actionscript command to deal with sites implementing the HTTP to HTTPS redirection
BigFix Platform 10.0.8 adds the capability for the prefetch actionscript command to deal with HTTP to HTTPS redirect requests. The prefetch command will handle the redirections both for server/relay and client. Click here for more info.
Upgrade from SQL Server Native Client to ODBC Driver
BigFix Platform 10.0.8 moves from supporting and shipping SQL Server Native Client 2012 to supporting and shipping the ODBC Driver. Click here for more info
BigFix Console logging and diagnostics
Improvements have been made in logging and diagnostic approaches for the console, to better understand system capability and bottlenecks. A future publication will provide guidance on leveraging this capability.
Get a more current view of your infrastructure via the new automatic clean-up approach for proxied endpoints
The Plugin Portal now implements a clean-up process for proxied endpoints, allowing to automatically delete proxied endpoints that are no longer discovered by the plugins (both cloud and MDM). This will help you to get a more up-to-date status of your infrastructure. Click here for more info.
Use the Computer Remover to implement different clean up policies for native and proxied endpoints
The Computer Remover is now able to deal with both native and proxied endpoints. You can use Computer Remover to specify the type of endpoint and implement different clean up policies based on that. Additionally, the new version of the Computer Remover reduces to 7 days the minimum value accepted for the “Remove Deleted Computers” option. Click here for more info
Defect Articles (DA), defect fixes and Serviceability enhancements
Added support for
- Amazon Linux 2 on ARM Graviton 64-bit (Agent)
- Rocky Linux 8 x86 64-bit (Agent)
Upgrade of the following libraries:
- The libcURL library was upgraded to Version 7.86.0
- The libssh2 library was upgraded to Version 1.10
- The ICU library was upgraded to Version 54.2
- The JQuery UI library was upgraded to Version 1.13.2
- The SQLite library was upgraded to Version 3.39.3
For details, see the technical specification section below.
Additional information about this release
- The standalone BigFix tools are published under the 10.0 Utilities section in BigFix Enterprise Suite Download Center.
- A Non-Functional Requirements checklist, covering both performance and security management of your BigFix deployment, is available at BigFix Performance & Capacity Planning Resources
- This release includes all the BigFix Platform components. It also includes the Plugin Portal that enables the Multicloud and Modern Client Management capabilities.
- The unixODBC RPM package is a prerequisite for the Server components on Linux systems (see Server Requirements). This applies to version 10.0.2 and later.
- Upgrade paths to BigFix 10 begin with v9.5.10 or later. For details, see Upgrade paths (Windows) and Upgrade paths (Linux).
- For detailed information on the specific changes to minimum supported versions of operating systems and databases for BigFix 10, see Detailed system requirements.
- Before getting started with the upgrade process, stop any active application that is connected to the BigFix database (such as Web Reports, WebUI, BigFix Inventory, or BigFix Compliance).
Upgrade Fixlets are available in BES Support version 1475 (or later).
HCL BigFix – Platform Team