Big Fix Action script to install McAfee on Linux

Hello,

I’m pretty novice in creating Fixlets/Tasks to install software on Linux servers. I have tried the following Big Fix action script to install McAfee on Linux server but it fails … would greatly appreciate any help / advice from you !

It downloads the file fine but fails at the wait commands …

THANKS!

begin prefetch block

add prefetch item name=install.sh sha1=efe906608d2e6f7eac3d688e08d008054f28ae09 size=20569396 url=http://install.sh.bfswd

end prefetch block

wait /bin/sh -c “chmod +x /{pathname of client folder of current site}/__Download/install.sh”}"

wait /bin/sh -c “/{pathname of client folder of current site}/__Download/./install.sh”} -i"

Well, the Bes Client log showed the error as

Command failed (Empty argv.) wait /bin/sh -c “chmod +x //var/opt/BESClient/_BESData/CustomSite_Enterprise_Servers-2d_Linux/__Download/install.sh”}" (action:997123)

========================================================================

I am not certain what the issue is, but there definitely seem to be some issues with the " & } in the actionscript.

wait chmod +x "{pathname of client folder of current site}/__Download/install.sh"

wait /bin/sh -c "{pathname of client folder of current site}/__Download/install.sh" -i
1 Like

I updated the wait commands to the following …

wait /bin/sh -c chmod 555 “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “/__Download/install.sh”}”

wait /bin/sh -c “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “/__Download/install.sh”}” -i

It failed … The client log shows the following …

Command succeeded (Exit Code=1) wait /bin/sh -c chmod 555 “/var/opt/BESClient/_BESData/CustomSite_Enterprise_Servers-2d_Linux/__Download/install.sh” (action:997134)

Command started - wait /bin/sh -c “/var/opt/BESClient/_BESData/CustomSite_Enterprise_Servers-2d_Linux/__Download/install.sh” -i (action:997134)

Command succeeded (Exit Code=126) wait /bin/sh -c “/var/opt/BESClient/_BESData/CustomSite_Enterprise_Servers-2d_Linux/__Download/install.sh” -i (action:997134)

When you run the action it should pop the script into:
/var/opt/BESClient/_BESData/CustomSite_Enterprise_Servers-2d_Linux/__Download

Does the script work if you run it from that folder manually?

1 Like