BFI showing incorrect versions of Microsoft Teams

We have IBM BigFix Inventory Version: 9.2.16.0-20190827-1723 and catalog Version: 10.0.8.1.

When I look at the software installation report and filter for Microsoft Teams, it is showing an old version of MS Teams based on hits for a file at “C:\program files (x86)\Teams Installer\Teams.exe” which I believe is a remnant left by the MS installation process. It is also failing to report the newer versions of Teams.exe that are actually running based on the Teams.exe files found in the user profile folders, such as c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft Teams\Current.

I was able to work around this and create a task/analyses to collect the inventory of the teams.exe files with their versions, but how do we get the correct inventory data to show up in BFI?

Thank you,
Tom

Can you retry this on the current application release of BFI? A quick search shows 9.2.16 was released in Feb 2016 (6+ years ago). If the problem persists on the current release (10.0.10) please go ahead and open a support ticket to get it addressed. Thank you.

Doug Rothert
BigFix Product Manager – Inventory, IoT Strategy