BFI Install and upgrade scanner fail

Hi I have used the fillet name “Install and Upgrade Scanner” in BFI site. I found that some of server shown complete but some shown Failed. The one that failed, it’s error on wcitinst : Permission denied.

I have grant the permission 777 already but still shown the same error
Please suggest me how to work with. Thank you

Under action history, can you double-click that server and show the action log?

Sorry for not copy in texts format.

The failure is in the line before the “Failed” status. The exit code of the shell script execution is non-zero.

yes I have seen that so I discover the log file that is written. It’s say line 1 /wcitinst : Permission denied

Can you check the permissions of wcitinst under /var/opt/BESClient/LMT/CIT

I am having same issue with error code : 50

Has anybody having the solution for that ?

around 2000+ agents are showing with same error code : 50.

Looks like it fails on unziping

Is there any solution for that ? Facing issue in around 2300+ agents and having enough free space on drive.

Can you try that step manually and see what is wrong? Maybe the zip file is corrupted

Hi there,
Were you able to oversome this issue? Can you share the resolution ?
Thank you!

1 Like

been wondering the same. mlomj if you can, please come back with updates. we’re going to appreciate it a lot. thanks in advance.

Hi everyone thank you for your’ll suggestion.I sloved it completely by change the directory by modified the script install because my customer was hardenning the path /var to be no execute that mean if you install the file wcitinsta under path / var you can’t be excecute it.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, mlomj.
Can you share the detailed steps involved in changing the install script to point to a different directory? Thanks for your inputs.

same issue observed again in new scanner. It failed with error code 50.

and at the time of extraction

Can you try to execute that command manually?

observed same error while updating scanner. what command i have to execute ?