BFEnterprise DB size is more than 100GB

Is it normal to have BFEnterprise size 100GB ? I tried to shrink Database but did not clear any space

The SIZE of your database will depends on many factors - one of which of course is the # of Endpoints in your environment, number of Sites your have enable, Analysis , custom content etc. However, unless you have 10’s of thousands of endpoints I would assume you are not cleaning up (from a BigFix standpoint) your database. Depending on which version of BigFix you have running… you need to run the COmputer and Audit trail cleaner tool. In the newer versions of BigFix this can be found in the ADMIN tool

Run this tool and or Schedule it to clean up internally the database, then you can try to shrink it.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, but i am running regularly this clean up but still DB size is huge.

Recently upgraded the Root server from 9.5.2 to 9.5.3 , is it something with upgrade which makes DB size huge?

How many clients do you have?

I believe it’s more a factor of number of clients and size of property sets. In particular it’s worth looking at the SCM checklist sites and their “measured values” analyses. I’ve seen cases on Linux clients with NFS mounted home directories, where the homedirs were not being removed as users were deleted, where the “files are not owned by a user” analysis was returning 1 GB+, per each client.

I should be able to dig up something to report property result sizes later today.

18000 clients…

SCM has not been configured into infa

Ok, going back through my old PMR I found the results were 300 MB per client, not 1 GB. BigFix Support had given me this query you can run in SQL Enterprise Manager to show which properties are giving the largest results:

select e.Sitename, e.Name, l.computerid, l.AnalysisId,                  
DATALENGTH(l.ResultsText) AS [Size]                                     
from LOCAL_OBJECT_DEFS e left join LONGQUESTIONRESULTS l on l.AnalysisID
= e.ID                                                                  
where ComputerID is not NULL                                            
and e.IsFixlet = 1 and dbo.fn_ExtractField( 'Fixlet Type', 0, e.Fields )
= 'Analysis'                                                            
order by 5 desc
4 Likes

I ran this query and found some old analysis taking some space which are disabled / deleted as of now.