BESPendingRestart registry Not Deleting

Hi Friends ,

After Deploying patches when i restart server normally the registry value “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\BESPendingRestart” not getting deleted , but when i restart server using command “shutdown /r” mentioned registry value getting delted . then only action status showing completed . how to delete “BESPendingRestart” registry value using normal restart in GUI.

sekar,

You may want to open at ticket with support. I just created an action that required a reboot. Then I went to the command line and typed shutdown /r. The computer rebooted and then he registry was cleared.

1 Like

Hi Jared,

Thanks for your reply , i will raise support ticket.

A common issue, I’m afraid, discussed in several older threads here.

If -any- registry entry flags that a restart is still pending after a reboot, -none- of the Pending Restart actions move on to Completed. Sometimes two or three restarts is enough to clear all pending restarts; sometimes you have a bad application installed that repeatedly re-adds entries to PendingFileRenameOperations after every reboot, and you need to add those entries to _BESClient_ActionManager_PendingRestartExclusions

See https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/platform/Platform/Config/r_client_set.html#r_client_set__arhd

2 Likes