BESClient CPU usage constant on 2 to 2.5 %

Hello guys,

I have few clients on which CPU is always constant which is around 2 to 2.5 %.
I have created analysis for evaluation time of action and relevance.

Name Eval % Relevance … Eval % action … Evaluation Loop Average … Actual max % of CPU of Client

Name … …65.8 …0.6 …00:00:29.451684 …2

The load on the machine is not much as the server is subscribed ti 1 site only i.e. SUA

Please suggest on this.
Agent Version 9.2.1.48

I’ve found that the percentage of CPU utilization depends on many things.

• What CPU the endpoint has? How many cores? What Speed?
  • Which Analyses are enabled, and how frequently they are configured to evaluate/update.
  • What the SleepIdle and WorkIdle settings are set to for the Endpoint. My assumption is you have not tinkered with these.
  • How your Antivirus is configured (you should be excluding the BES Client folder).
  • What else the Endpoint is doing. The BES Client process will usually “release” the CPU if something else requests it. But if nothing else asks for it, it will happily process it’s work list.

Also, remember that “% CPU” is technically a bit of a misnomer since it requires CPU cycles to tell you how many CPU cycles another process is using.

1 Like

the Actual max % of CPU of Client property does not report the CPU usage by the client, it only reports what the maximum usage could be. It doesn’t mean that is what the client is currently using.

Thanks @TimRice @jgstew

Tim,

We have only One site subscribed that is SUA. The scanner runs once a month . The exclusion is provided for antivirus.
There are 10 Analysis machine is subscribed too. That also runs Once a day.

Can you provide any troubleshooting steps to get the root cause ?

James,
Got your point. How would i troubleshoot this issue any idea ?

So is it an actual problem?

Have you actually looked at the real CPU usage being used on some systems through task manager or similar?

It wasn’t clear to me that this was the case, but if so, you could lower the max CPU usage of the client.

Another option is to use _BESClient_Resource_PowerSaveEnable to have the BES Client stop processing for an interval, then it will wake up, do a full evaluation loop, and then go back to nothing for a period. This would reduce the responsiveness of the clients, but if you are only using SUA, then that is probably fine.

Read more here: Automatically adjust BESClient settings when on battery power