BESAuditTrailCleaner.exe Best Practices?

(imported topic written by dgibson91)

I just stumbled upon the BESAuditTrailCleaner tool. Does anyone use this tool on a regular basis to trim their databases? What exactly are “Useless Action Results”? Are they 100% useless and safe to delete?

Every now and then I have to dig through the database looking up information on deleted computers. If I run this tool, will I lose that capability?

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi dgibson,

I believe that “useless action results” are that older agents used to report “Not Relevant” for policy actions… These were never displayed in the Console but they started to take a lot of space in the database… So they are “useless” because you never see or know about them… I believe newer agents don’t bother to send these results (I will need to check on this)… Either way, I don’t know of any issues with deleting these results in the years since we have introduced this tool…

I believe the audit tool will have an option to remove deleted computers from the database. If you choose this option, you will permanently remove the info about these deleted computers.

Ben