BES Client - Action Failed - Why?

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

We deployed a software distribution action to a client which was successful. We then removed the software manually using add/remove programs. We then redeployed to same software distribution action, which then failed. We then tried it once more and it was successful again. We repeated this across a few clients. The error in the client log is below. The only thin we can thing of think of is that the file that is being delivered via the fixlet is over 500meg in size and perhaps the MoveFiles doesn’t complete in a timely manner?

At 14:10:40 -0400 -

ActionLogMessage: (action 8204 ) Non-Distributed - DownloadsAvailable

ActionLogMessage: (action 8204 ) MoveFiles before running action failed

ActionLogMessage: (action 8204 ) DownloadJobFailed

At 14:10:41 -0400 -

Any thoughts?

John

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Is it possible that you ran out of disk space?

Ben

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

No, all the clients had sufficient disk space. Perhaps Trend is keeping the file open? Just a guess though. Is there a way to force the agent to retry or wait longer?

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

We are again experiencing the same problem. We are trying to distribute a failry large software install (700 mb). We see this failure when we attempt to run the install multiple times in a row. It is as if the deletion of the __Download folder does not complete in time and the agent flags it as a failure.

This is after a restart of the agent.

John

(imported comment written by BenKus)

You might want to contact support so that we can investigate and track this error.

Ben

I am experiencing a very similar issue. Has anyone been able to find a resolution to this problem.
I too suspect there may be an issue with the _download folder being cleared. The issue is very sporatic.

Where I’ve seen that, it’s because an antivirus or other endpoint security is keeping the file locked to scan it. The __BESData folder should be excluded from real-time antivirus scanning.

That makes sense. I will look into that and keep you posted. Thanks

I commonly see a bunch of these messages in the client logs of machines with the failure. Could this be related to an AV issue as well? I have been unable to find a lot of info on this particular message. Any ideas?
“BackgroundAdviceEvaluation::FinishDataLoop side line file Fixlet 2xxx3.fxf”