Baseline Applicability Behaviour

I have a baseline “baseline abc” with 5 fixlets added.

Below is the component applicability before execution:
Fixlet1 - Relevant
Fixlet2 - Not Relevant
Fixlet3 - Not Relevant
Fixlet4 - Relevant

On executing “baseline abc”, after execution of Fixlet1, Fixlet2 should become relevant and should get executed.
However, it does not get executed even if the Fixlet Debugger shows the relevances True.
Baseline directly jumps to Fixlet4 execution and skips Fixlet2.

Need clarification on this behaviour.

Note: Checked for relevances output for Fixlet2 after Fixlet1 execution. Overall output is “True”

It should work as you expect. If the second component becomes relevant after the first component executes, the second component should run as well.

1. Make sure that your baseline has the “Baseline will be relevant on applicable computers where this component is relevant” checkbox checked on all components. If the component is “task” and not “fixlet” that is not by default the case and it would explain what you are seeing
  2. I had a similar issue a long time ago and after HOURS of troubleshooting it turned out the agent do not work with plural boolean relevances - not sure if this is still the case, maybe the agent was fixed as this was a few years back but worth making sure. Consider the following two examples - the second worked just fine, the former the agent was treating like it was not relevant because of the plurality

q: (exist key “HKLM\Software\BigFix” of it) of (if (x64 of operating system) then (x64 registry; x32 registry) else (registry))
A: False
A: True
T: 0.317 ms
I: plural boolean

q: exists keys “HKLM\Software\BigFix” of (if (x64 of operating system) then (x64 registry; x32 registry) else (registry))
A: True
T: 0.158 ms
I: singular boolean

Thankyou @ageorgiev @JasonWalker or your valuable response.

1. The checkbox is checked for all these 5 fixlets
  2. There is no issues with the relevance… When I run the relevance of Fixlet2 after successful execution of Fixlet1, it shows “True”. However, the baseline skips Fixlet2 and jumps to Fixlet4. Should there be a wait time added after each Fixlet execution?

Also, when checked individually these fixlets on console… It needs a service restart to show as relevant on Console. Else it remains “Not Relevant” for hours.

You’ll need to either post the relevance here, oropen a support incident to step through it. I don’t think we can possibly guess what your case could be. Is it an Active Directory Inspector, an RPM inspector, etc. that’s dealing with cached results?