Baseline (adding SW Dist tasks to one) --> not relevant issue

(imported topic written by jools8691)

I am deploying a baseline to test machines which consists of the following:

MS07-064 (fixlet)

MS08-001 (fixlet)

KB883667 (Software Distribution Task)

The issue I have is this, when a machine with none of these policies has this BASELINE applied to it, it installs the 2 fixlets, but the SWD Task (883667) is stated as NOT RELEVANT.

However, the patch is not installed, and if I go to the TASK itself, it states the machine is APPLICABLE. If I then just deploy the TASK To the same machine as a stand-alone action, i.e. independently of the BASELINE it installs perfectly.

This is a wierd one. Is there anyway to troubleshoot the client, I cannot find anything in the documentation we have.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi jools86,

This might be similar to this post: http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=1647

Edit your baseline and for your software distribution Task check the box “include relevance in baseline” and see if that addresses your issue.

Ben

(imported comment written by jools8691)

Solution

Recreate all tasks as fixlets and add fixlets only to your baseline. They will start working.

(imported comment written by jessewk)

Ben’s solution in comment 2 will work too.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

We’ve experienced the same thing. Is this something that will be addressed in a future release. It would seems as if the expected functionality is not the actual functionality.