Automatic/Manual group Creator and modifier Information

Hello Guys,

I am trying to get the information for who created the Automatic/Manual group and who was the last operator who modified(Added the machine to manual group or changed the relevance for automatic group) the group.

I am not able to find this from web report or Bigfix console. Looking for any help, if this is possible.
Thanks
Vipul

1 Like

I don’t see this as something that can be queried with Session Relevance. I’m pretty sure that if this information exists, then it is only available through the BFEnterprise Database directly, hopefully in one of the Database API views.

Hi jgstew,

Sorry for the delay in my response. I agree with your point that this information would be in the database hence I was using session relevance to query, which I believe queries the database.

I would be happy to hear if anybody has been able to extract this information.
For me it seems that it is a very important point that IBM must consider improve in the next version or may be some customization that can resolve this.

This is not exactly true. Session Relevance does ultimately query the database, but not directly and not any record marked as deleted. If the data is not available in the console or WebReports, then it is likely not available using Session Relevance either, though that is not completely the case.

If you query the database views using the “Database API” views then you can actually query deleted records which are not available through Session Relevance.

I looked at the Session Relevance inspectors for groups, and I didn’t see a way to query the last operator who modified it.

1 Like

Thanks jgstew,

I will try to get some hands on for Database API which I haven’t done until now.

As you mentioned that the session relevance for querying the deleted records is not possible but what I am looking form, is still in console. The problem is that we do not see who created the group or who modified.

If either of these options you have been able to figure out, I will be more then glad to get my hands on it.

1 Like

If it is still in the console, then it is just a matter of if the info is available using a session relevance inspector. The problem is, I don’t think this info is available through session relevance. If so, then your best bet is the Database.

Hi Jgstew,

Is there a way to find if the machine was part of a group and is not in that group anymore.
Irrespective of the kind of group.

What I am trying to do is to monitor if a particular machine was ever the part of a specific group.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
Vipul