Assistance with Fixlet and action

(imported topic written by BenUK77791)

Hi,

As part of our patching we check that our cycle of patches are installed and then we stamp the registry according to out patch level.

I have the action below and for some reason it keeps failing. All the registry keys I’m checking against are present when manually checked and the machine is as per my relevance.

Have recreated many times and am slowly losing the will to live.

My action below and any assitance would be appreciated. I have checked with the relevance debugger and if it’s a type on my part apologies.

Any help appreciated.

continue if (name of operating system = “WinXP”) AND ((Exists key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment” of registry) AND (Exists value “BUILD_VER” whose (it as string =“512.018”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment” of registry)) AND (exists key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP4\KB956802” of registry) AND (exists key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP4\KB958687” of registry) AND (exists key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP4\KB960714” of registry) OR (exists key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP0\KB960714-IE7” of registry)

regset "

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

" “BUILD_VER”=“512.019”

continue if {(Exists value “BUILD_VER” whose (it as string = “512.018”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment” of registry)}

(imported comment written by jessewk)

Hi Ben,

Your first continue if statement is missing the curly braces around the relevance expression.

Also, the second continue if statement is checking for version 512.018, but you just set that value to 512.019 so the continue if will always fail.

Jesse

(imported comment written by BenUK77791)

Doh!, thanks Jesse.