Assigning parameter value failed in action script

This statement works well in the Fixlet Debugger Tool as shown below:

names of files whose (name of it as lowercase contains “tlm_hw” AND modification time of it = (maximum of modification times of files whose (name of it as lowercase contains “tlm_hw”) of folder “C:\yorkfiles”)) of folders “C:\yorkfiles”

=============

When I put in my action script as shown below, it failed setting a scanfilepath parameter. I link to assign the result (filename) from that relevance statement into a scanfilepath as a parameter. Any suggestions please to understand why it is failing? Thanks.

parameter “outdir” = C:\yorkfiles"

Failed parameter “scanfilepath” = “{(names of files whose (name of it as lowercase contains “tlm_hw” AND modification time of it = (maximum of modification times of files whose (name of it as lowercase contains “tlm_hw”) of folder (parameter “outdir” as string))) of folders (parameter “outdir” as string)}”

It may be a parentheses imbalance. The original query starts with names of files... while the second has an open-parenthesis (names of files... that doesn’t appear to be matched by a close-parenthesis.

Possibly a forum artifact, but there appears to be a missing quote in parameter “outdir” = C:\yorkfiles"

parameter “outdir” = "C:\yorkfiles"

aside from the missing characters pointed out by @JasonWalker & @trn, I wonder if its something freaky with how the time result is handled within action script and relevance substitution that casts it to a string?

This alternate approach seem to work in actionscript (cobbled together based on the approach in Newest log file but excluding one)

parameter "outdir" = "C:\yorkfiles"
parameter "scanfile" = "{names of files whose (name of it as lowercase contains "tlm_hw" AND modification time of it = maximum of modification times of files whose (name of it as lowercase contains "tlm_hw") of parent folder of it) of folders (parameter "outdir")}"

Just for comparison purposes, this is the files/folders I replicated that is being processed

Q: names of files whose (name of it as lowercase contains "tlm_hw" AND modification time of it = maximum of modification times of files whose (name of it as lowercase contains "tlm_hw") of parent folder of it) of folders "C:\yorkfiles"
A: tlm_hw2.txt
T: 1.262 ms
I: plural string

Q: (names of it, modification times of it) of files of folder "C:\yorkfiles"
A: tlm_hw1.txt, ( Sat, 23 Apr 2022 12:02:56 +0100 )
A: tlm_hw2.txt, ( Sat, 23 Apr 2022 12:03:01 +0100 )
T: 1.968 ms
I: plural ( string, time )

Thanks @SLB for your statements as shown below and it works great. I will use yours. Thanks everyone else also helping and responding to my question. Greatly appreciated.

parameter “outdir” = "C:\yorkfiles"
parameter “scanfile” = “{names of files whose (name of it as lowercase contains “tlm_hw” AND modification time of it = maximum of modification times of files whose (name of it as lowercase contains “tlm_hw”) of parent folder of it) of folders (parameter “outdir”)}”

2 Likes