Archive now directory

Hi All,

Is it possible to define the directory where will be files copied to the IEM server using the archive now command?

thanks,
Braian

You can define the Client Folder so that any files placed in it will be sent to the server.

Read the document “Upload and Archive Manager” for information on the settings that need to be set.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your prompt reply. What I mean can I change the default directory in the server. Can I create custom folder instead of the sha1 folder on the IEM Server?

Thanks,
Braian

1 Like

I’ve never seen a setting for that.

This is a good candidate for an RFE: How to ask for IBM product help: PMRs, RFEs, and more

Thank you for your inputs guys. if this is not possible, how can I manage the sha1 directory to determine where is my files copied.

Thanks,
Braian

The directory on the server that receives the upload is not controllable and is staggered out to be able to hold that much (the computer ID is used to make multiple levels of directory hierarchy to allow the file system to hold things)

Once the files are uploaded and extracted most users of these files copy them away to where they need them to process them.

Note that the client will only upload changed files if the last archive was of the same content. So if you repeatedly upload the same directory for example it will only upload changed files but continue to list all the files that were in the directory, as it assumes that the server already has these files.

1 Like

The files are always uploaded to a known location:

..\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\UploadManagerData\BufferDir\sha1\??\??????

The first set of ?? are the last 2 digits of the computer id, the second set of ?????? is the computer id.

Here is relevance:

("BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\UploadManagerData\BufferDir\sha1\" & it) of ( (last 2 of it) & "\" & it ) of (it as string) of computer ids