Applicable as Relay property

(imported topic written by Shlomi91)

not sure if this is the place to post this, but ill try anyway. please forgive and correct if i am wrong :slight_smile:

anyway, i manage about 200 sites over low bandwidth MPLS connection, so i need at least one relay in each site. since i have very little servers on these remote sites, i am forced to use users’ PC’s as relays, which forces me to frequently move the BES relay.

i got tired of checking if each PC can run a relay, so i wrote this property (called “Applicable as relay?” to help me:

if ((free space of drive of system folder) > 10737418240) AND ((name of operating system as lowercase starts with "win") and (name of operating system != "Win98") and (name of operating system != "WinNT")) AND (size of ram > 502775808) AND (not exists selects "* from win32_Battery" of wmi) then "Yes" else "No"

basically, it checks for free disk space on the system drive (over 10GB), checks it has at lease 512 MB RAM, checks it isnt windows 98 or NT4, and check it is not a laptop.

hope this helps anyone,

Shlomi

(imported comment written by rmnetops91)

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Actually but mine is not working.

Can anyone see what I’m doing wrong? This is the only auto-group check it’s doing and it returns 0:

if ((free space of drive of system folder) > 2048000000) AND (size of ram > 502775808) then “Yes” else “No”

It should be returing any client with more than 2 GB’s free on C: and more than 512MB RAM.

What am I doing wrong?

(imported comment written by MattBoyd)

Welcome to the forum,

If you’re using it in relevance to target computers then you don’t need the IF statement:

((free space of drive of system folder) > 2048000000) AND (size of ram > 502775808)

The relevance that Shlomi posted is designed for a property in an analysis.

Got it. Thanks!