Analysis for Patch Baseline Compliance

I am trying to create an analysis to use in Security and Compliance Analytics to review the compliance of a certain Patch baseline.

I would like to write a relevance statement that checks if all patches in a certain patch baseline are successfully installed. So probably I want to know if the Patch baseline is relevant or not.

I’m still learning how to use the relevance language and have no idea how to get started with this.

Any help would be much appreciated!

You’d probably want to use Session Relevance for this. Session Relevance is run in the Console (either using the Presentation Debugger or a Custom Dashboard) or in BES Web Reports.

Dashboards (whether in the Console or in Session Relevance) use a combination of HTML and Session Relevance to present data to operators.

You can check the BigFix Documentation for custom dashboards, check out http://bigfix.me, or look in your Server or Console under each bfsite for your existing dashboards; they are .OJO files. XML data format, containing embedded HTML content.

Some Session Relevance to help you get started:

(id of it, name of it, names of applicable computers of it) of fixlets whose (baseline flag of it) of bes custom sites whose (name of it = "CM_Windows")

535123, req - Patch Windows 2015-05 - Third-Party Patches, MDJSMSPWWS167
535123, req - Patch Windows 2015-05 - Third-Party Patches, MDJSMSIWWS003
535123, req - Patch Windows 2015-05 - Third-Party Patches, MDJSMSPWWS025
535123, req - Patch Windows 2015-05 - Third-Party Patches, MDJSMSPWWS031
535123, req - Patch Windows 2015-05 - Third-Party Patches, MDJSMSPWWS083

(id of it, name of it, number of applicable computers of it) of fixlets whose (baseline flag of it) of bes custom sites whose (name of it = "CM_Windows")

517571, Auto Install Adobe Standard XI Software, 0
518405, req - Patch Windows Baseline 2015-04 - Part 1 - Win_All, 255
518407, ( req - Patch Windows Baseline 2015-04 - Part 2 , 3 - Win_All ), 85

1 Like