AIX Service Packs and Tech levels takes a long time

I have noticed that using the BigFixx console to download and update AIX servers the downloads take a long time, granted the data is sometimes over 5gig and I have to traverse a BigFIx and relay server but it seems to take forever.

I can perform these steps manually much faster, has anyone experienced this and if so is this the norm?

I have also opened a case with IBM regarding this.

I’m suspecting its the last part of the traversal that might be the slower part. Very large files can be slow to hash (SHA1/SHA256) especially at 2% cpu so it might be easier to see how long it takes for a client to request the file from its relay and when it starts downloading it, then when the file is available for the action. If the start download is quick but the action start is delayed then its most likely the case mentioned.

We are looking at how to improve this with elevated CPU usage once the download is completed but you could also test this out by changing the idle settings for a test.

Thanks for the reply, I am not the BigFixx admin so where would I make the changes to the idle settings, and are there recommended values.

So from what you are saying IBM is aware of this issue with the CPU and Hash values? And if so are looking to improve this?

Thanks…

We are looking at ways to improve this by automatically changing the CPU values during this event.

I cannot recommend values but it would be a client setting that is altered to try this. This would be (for a test only) updating the WorkIdle/SleepIdle settings to increase the CPU values to perform the hash faster.

Okay, tried them per this web site:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21505852

Did not help much, do you know when and if these improvements will be available? And I assume those improvements are going to be made at the BigFixx console?

Thanks again.

The improvements would be on the Client side when they would be made