Agents checking in, but new actions show target status is <not reported>

Hey all -

We have a few problematic machines. They are actively checking in during their regular sync intervals. Everything looks normal with them, including their last report time. they’re active and ready like any other agent that is online. When we run an action or a fixlet on them, the status of the target shows <not reported>. It will do this for an unknown duration - I’ve seen it wait until the next day, or sometimes “as quick” as a couple of hours.

I’ve verified the machines are staying online and ready, verified the agent is current version, verified it has the latest masthead file, and I’ve looked around in the logs a little bit but I don’t see anything helpful. Could I get some ideas/suggestions about what to troubleshoot specifically? We have several hundred machines out there and this is really only happening on a select few.

It could be the client’s evaluation loop, this post might give you some pointers.

1 Like

If you Stop and Restart the BES Client, do they pickup their pending Actions?

If so, the likely problem is that they are not receiving their UDP notifications.

Check the firewalls on the machines in question to ensure they are allowing the UDP packets from their Relay and your BES Server.

1 Like

thanks for the leads.

after restarting the service it picked up it’s action immediately, so it may be firewall related. will confirm later.

thanks - the traffic was being blocked!

1 Like