Adding Computer Site Information for all Endpoints

Need Input
On one of the BigFix agent Sever (ABC), we have csv file which contains data in below format

Query
→ Can we directly update Site information against all the endpoints using Analysis (Property Creation)
Note :- CSV file is only present on ABC Server which is reporting into BigFix Console.

Currently we are not utilizing below approach to perform this activity because it time consuming , Manual effort and most imp point is csv file will keep on updating daily and Site information for n number of server can get changed.
→ Location property Wizard or creating client setting on each machine via BigFix which is basically hard -coded.

Kindly suggest, How Can we update information in BigFix Console for all endpoint (Site Information) from csv file.

You could house that file on the root server, have each endpoint download it, look themselves up in the csv, and populate settings/properties with the appropriate values.

The console reports properties each client knows about itself.

The clients already know their own name, is and IP addresses, so the site information is the only thing missing.

There is already a ready-rolled offering that may help. The name is something like ‘site location wizard’. Sorry, not in work now, so doing this from my phone, so I can’t check the exact name. There are also older threads in the forum about this.

Good Idea but deploying csv file to each endpoint can create issue in long run…

The idea would be to keep it on the rootserver, only download it to set a setting lococally. The plan wouldn’t be to use the file long term.

So, once csv is sent to endpoint, How Can I read it via Relevance or how Can I add the site information in registry using Fixlet that would be one time activity

Please suggest!!

The relevance to read a CSV file is going to be pretty complex, so I’d recommend using the Location Property Wizard for something like that.

Yes First place we also wanted to to use Location Property wizard but only problem is if we Use Location property wizard then we need to manually invest majority of time to update site information for existing and new built Server.
Note in our environment on daily basis 50+ Servers are getting commissioned.

So, I wanted to automatic this end to end using below steps

1. API call to get Site information using Computer Name and place it inside upload folder of BigFix Root Server (Doable)
  2. Deploy CSV or text file (separated by comma) to new built server using Relevance condition whose (First check-in time is less then 30 min and does not have csv or text file and sector registry information does not exists) (Doable)
    =====
  3. Using Relevance identify the site information from Csv or text file (Need help how Can I have desire output ?)
  4. Or Is it possible to update registry value for sector information using the csv or text file present on endpoint end (Need Input how Can I have desire output ?)
    ====

you could trying something like the below to get the value from a csv file.

following text of last “,” of line whose (it starts with (computer name as lowercase) of file “c:\yourfile.csv”

You could then drop that into a setting or the registry