Actions disappearing from the console

Hello team,

I’m having a challenge where actions are showing zero on the main server yet on the DR server they are reporting normally. When I check the actions table on the main server DB I see the actions are current and also if i take actions from the main server they are reflecting ok on the DR server console but not showing on the main server console. On the Console.log and on the console Content Errors i’m getting HTTP Error 18.

'At 12/19/2017 5:02:25 PM
in background
in class ActionRefresh::Task

HTTP Error 18: An unknown error occurred while transferring data from the server: transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining'

Kindly assist.

You’ll want to use the besadmin tool to look at replication status, and the filldb logs for replication problems.

I encountered similar during my upgrade to 9.5.7, and resolved it by increasing the replication duration. There’s a registry entry, not a client setting, to control that value (if this is your problem at all).

1 Like

See 9.5.7 DSA replication issue - OpenSSLError FlushBIOFailed

Thanks Jason

From BESRelay.log I’m getting the following error:
Tue, 19 Dec 2017 18:50:37 +0300 - /data/actions (5324) - Database Error: A database query unexpectedly failed to return any results.
Tue, 19 Dec 2017 18:50:41 +0300 - /data/actions (9000) - Database Error: A database query unexpectedly failed to return any results.
Tue, 19 Dec 2017 18:50:46 +0300 - DatabasePropagator (3656) - Database Error: A database query unexpectedly failed to return any results.
Tue, 19 Dec 2017 18:50:46 +0300 - DatabasePropagator (3656) - Disconnecting from database; will reconnect in 10 seconds.

And from both the relay and filldb log i’m getting a login failure error.
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Cannot open database “BFEnterprise” requested by the login. The login failed. (37000: 4,060)

I have increased the replication time to 15mins on both servers and now i have green on one link but still getting the error 18 on the main server and actions still at zero. :confused:

That’s not a timeout error, that’s a database login authentication error.
Has the database changed, credential changed, something along those lines?
If you can’t resolve based on that, you’ll need to open a PMR to get IBM assistance on setting up your odbc dsn entries, validating your credentials, checking database rights, etc.

1 Like