ActionResult Status Values

Here’s another one that I use in one of my custom dashboards. I have a Javascript that replaces the “statuses of results of it” depending on which type of results I’m looking for; in this example, I only look at Actions that have at least one “Failed” result… You may be able to remove all of my HTML formatting and do something useful with this.

In the Console, this can run in the Presentation Debugger using the HTML view as-is:

/* Header Row */
(
b of “ID” as html,
b of “Link” as html,
b of “Issuer” as html,
b of “Site Name”,
b of “time issued” as html,
b of “time expired” as html,
b of “results” as html
);
/*Result Rows - must match data type of Header Row so cast “as html” */
(
id of it as string as html,
link of it,
name of issuer of it as html,
(if exists (names of sites of source fixlets of it) then name of site of source fixlet of it else “”) as html,
time issued of it as string as html,
(if exists expiration time of it then expiration time of it as string else “”) as html,
concatenation “;” of (multiplicity of it as string & " " & it & " " as html) of unique values of (statuses of results of it as string)
)
of bes actions whose (state of it = “Open” and (if exists parent group of it then state of parent group of it = “Open” else true) and exists (statuses of results of it) whose (it as string = “Failed”) )

1 Like

I’m still a bit confused about what you asking and what you are trying to accomplish.

This documentation is correct. Actions are always either Open, Stopped, or Expired and these states do not relate to the action results at all.

When you create an Action, it is Open until it is either manually Stopped in which case it becomes Stopped or it Expires in which case it becomes Expired. An action need not have an Expiration set, in which case it is Open until manually Stopped.

I have created a Dashboard to audit actions that are in the Open state but have run against all computers that it specifically targeted. These should be actions that can be safely stopped because they should have no further impact on systems: bigfix-content/dashboards/StopOpenCompletedActions.ojo at main · jgstew/bigfix-content · GitHub

Hi @jgstew / @JasonWalker - I know this is a pretty old thread and I was actually looking for a more recent one to post a question related to creating a report which shows - which actions from a baseline have failed on which machines and what the detailed failure statuses are.

I tried modifying your dashboard jgstew that lists only the baselines that have failed and gives a count of machines where it has failed. I guess I am not that good at doing these things. :frowning_face:

Basically, I need to include computer name, Action Name and Detailed status as the columns in my report. Can one of you help me out with this please?

Thanks.

Eventually, I was able to modify @jgstew 's report to display the information I needed. The original query seems to have some issues collecting the number of statuses that have failed and total number of statuses reported for actions in the baseline. Even if I have multiple machines reporting failures and if some have succeeded running the same task, it only returns 1 for the number of failed as well as for the total number of statuses reported. That’s the item I will get to next. :slight_smile:

Edit: I found out what was wrong. Again, a mistake in the way I was refreshing the chart. It was not being updated when the baseline deployment was changed. I had to rerun the query in the update function of the combobox and that fixed it! So, I now have a fully functional report - finally! :smiley:

1 Like