Action re-apply timeout / relevance issues

Hello,
I have created a script that checks for installed software, corrects the installation when it is detected as corrupted or install it when it is missing.

I did set following behavior for Action

Execution is set to:
This action will never expire.
It will run at any time of day, on any day of the week.
If the action becomes relevant after it has successfully executed, the action will be reapplied as a policy an unlimited number of times.
If the action fails, it will be retried up to 3 times, waiting 1 hour between attempts.

Relevance is set to just: “true”

and Success Criteria is set to:
This action will be considered successful when it runs to completion.

The idea was that BigFix will run the action as often as possible and make a required corrections so I do not have to rely on some service / script running directly on the machines (ie systemd service or cronjob) but from the log on client I see that the fixlet when action is started for the first time, it completes witohut problem (result Fixed) and then the action is set as Not relevant and does not start again (well at least on the test machine it does not fire up the action again even after more then one hour - poll time for clients is by default 1800 seconds and I tried to lower that for testing machine to 90 seconds without any effect).

So question is how to create action that would run as often as possible and be relevant all the time? Can BigFix do that?

You have relevance of ‘True’ and also ‘If the action becomes relevant after it has successfully executed, the action will be reapplied as a policy an unlimited number of times.’

For the action to run if the relevance becomes ‘True’ again, it has to have become ‘False’ at some stage.

You need to put some relevance on the fixlet to define where it is applicable - and also set the action to define success as being when the relevance becomes false

The action is working now without problems. For some reason it was not working yesterday for about 90 minutes from first start but now it runs every aprox. 20 minutes (not sure what internal logic affects this timing).

Edit - actually by checking the log on client the interval between actions is 15 minutes so it seems that it uses the lowest possible re-apply time that can be selected in console…

By the way I’m not entirely sure I understand what you mean by set the action to define success when the relevance becomes false, as you can see above the success criteria is already specified => unless script fails it is always success.