Action Parameter Query not taking default value

When I run this as an action I get only the last value I entered. But the documentation says that it should be getting a default value (since I used "with default “”). Does this seem right? Bug?

action parameter query "serialnum" with description "Enter a serial number to manually assign it to this asset: " and with default "SerialNum"

Can someone else try this prompt and see if you get the same results?

Thanks.
Chris

From the documentation. You are missing “value”. e.g.:

action parameter query "Registry key" with description "Please enter your desired registry key" and with default value "null"

I tried it with both value and without. No difference. Documentation says it doesn’t need it. Should have included that in the original post. This still returns whatever I entered in the previous time the action was run.

action parameter query "serialnum" with description "Enter a serial number to manually assign it to this asset: " and with default value "SerialNum"

action parameter query "serialnum" with description "Enter a serial number to manually assign it to this asset: " and with default "SerialNum"

But I did find that if I erase the value in the pop-up, click OK, then quit the action creation. The next time I run the action with the prompt it does give me the default values. So it looks like the default values are only there if the pop-up has never been displayed before.

Is there a way to override this functionality and have the default value appear every time?

@ctan Did you find a solution to this? I’m seeing the same issue on 9.5.11, here in February 2019.

1 Like

The reported behavior is the designed one.

The last specified value gets written in the string value named “_BESClient_EMsg_Detail” of registry key “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Console\ActionParameterCache\ BESServerHOST\BES Support”

As far as I know, there is no way to override this behavior.