Action not executing on the endpoints

I have different flavours of Unix server where i am trying to run UID extraction on the endpoints, for some reason servers are showing to the fixlet all the time. as a test case i have executed blank action on those endpoints, still i don’t see completion status.

Status Exit Code OS Computer Name
None Linux Red Hat Enterprise Server 6.9 (2.6.32-696.18.7.el6.x86_64) *************
None Linux Red Hat Enterprise Server 6.9 (2.6.32-696.18.7.el6.x86_64) **************
None Linux Red Hat Enterprise Server 6.10 (2.6.32-754.el6.x86_64) ***************
None Linux Red Hat Enterprise Server 6.9 (2.6.32-696.10.3.el6.x86_64) *************
None Linux Red Hat Enterprise Server 6.9 (2.6.32-696.10.3.el6.x86_64) ****************
None Linux Red Hat Enterprise Server 6.9 (2.6.32-696.10.3.el6.x86_64) *************
None Linux Red Hat Enterprise Server 6.10 (2.6.32-754.el6.x86_64) ****************
None Linux Red Hat Enterprise Server 6.10 (2.6.32-754.el6.x86_64) ***************

If the problem is that the action doesn’t make it to those clients in the list, it might be a question of UDP communication towards port 52311 of those clients being blocked by something like a Company firewall or a local firewall.
For instance, RHEL 6 systems have iptables turned on by default, so it might be necessary to configure it to allow inbound UDP communications on port 52311 (assuming default port is being used in the deployment).

The clients will reach out about once a day to see if they have missed anything. If you have firewalls on, you can open them or you can turn on command polling in the agent (where the agent reaches out on a schedule to see if there is anything new)

If its been over a day and you have no response from those endpoints then you may have other issues.

Its been over a day now and it is still not responding to the actions deployed.

command poll is already enabled on the endpoints in the month of January

So there must be another kind of issue. This might regard the communication of the clients with their upper level (are clients reporting regularly?), or the downstream propagation of the site that contains the action (how were the clients targeted? What if you try another kind of targeting? Is “Send Refresh” working?). But there might be another cause as well. I’d open a PMR for thorough investigation.