Action not catching New Machines when added to Domain

(imported topic written by jcochran197791)

I set up a baseline that contained all previous baselines in order to get machines all updated that had been added to the network since the last patch rollout. The problem is when I set up the action i thought I set it up to be open ended but it does not seem to be catching new machines when they are added.

Anything i can check that would make this work? Here is what the behavior of said action states:

The following message will be displayed before running the action:

Message from the La-Z-Boy Patch Management System

Patches need to be installed on your computer to prevent future bugs and viruses. The installation could take approximately 2 hours. You can work on your computer while the patches are installing. Please do one of the following: *To install the patches immediately, click Take Action Now. *To install the patches later, select a reminder time from the drop-down and click Remind Again. The maximum time that you can delay the patch installation is 48 hours.

The user will be able to postpone the action for up to 2 days.

The message box will automatically be closed after 2 hours and the action will be run.

The following message will be displayed while running the action:

Patches are installing, please DO NOT restart or shutdown your computer until prompted.

Constraints

This action starts 3/5/2008 7:15:59 PM, client local time.

This action will never expire.

It will run at any time of day, on any day of the week, independently of user presence.

Execution

If the Fixlet message becomes relevant after this action has successfully executed, the action will automatically be reapplied up to 3 times, waiting 1 hour between reapplications.

If the action fails, it will be retried up to 3 times, waiting 1 hour between attempts.

The action’s execution will be distributed over 5 minutes to reduce network load.

Post-Action

After the action completes, the computer will be restarted.

The restart will be forced after 2 hours.

The user will be allowed to postpone the restart for up to 2 days.

The following message will be displayed after running the action:

Patches are finished installing on your computer. Please do one of the following: *To restart your computer now, close all programs and click Restart Now. *To restart your computer later, select a reminder time from the drop-down and click Remind Again. The maximum time that you can delay the patch installation is 24 hours.

I would really appreciate some advice. I set it up this way for the DST patches and they are catching new machines so i am not sure what i missed?

Thanks,

(imported comment written by BenKus)

It is the targeting tab in the “Take action dialog” that controls this behavior. You should target by “all computers…”

(the second radio option) and it should apply to both current and new computers.

Ben