Action Cleanup - Automation and 'Hidden' Actions

(imported topic written by rad.ricka91)

Hi all,

I’ve got two question regarding Action cleanup.

1. Is it possible to automate cleanup of Expired and Stopped actions? We have a manual instruction for this but would like more consistency.

2. Is it possible to cleanup ‘hidden’ actions which must’ve expired such as changes of administrators or computer properties?

Thanks,

Rad

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey Rad,

This turns out to be slightly harder than expected because there isn’t a particularly easy way to figure out which actions are stopped or expired. For now, I can make you a custom report that you can load into the console that will report on all the types of actions and let you click on them and delete them manually. Does that sound like it would help (not great I know).

Ben

(imported comment written by jeko1791)

Hey Ben,

Long time since last post. Is there any change in answer since then? My Deployment Health Checks show we have 902 Open Hidden Actions. First, what is a open hidden action and how can they be “unhidden”?

Second, how do we clean them out and what is the effect?

Thanks,

(imported comment written by jeko1791)

One more question. We recently upgraded to BES 7.2.5. When I run the BESDownloadsCleaner.exe, it tells me “Database version incorrect. Expected versions 1.56, 1.58, 1.96, 1.97 or 1.98 but the current database is Enterprise 1.99”.

Will an updated utility be coming out, or does the new BES version have a different method to clean these folders?

Thanks

Hello, like to add on to this thread. How to “see” the hidden Actions in the console so that we can delete them.

Thanks
Eng Keat

1 Like