Ability to stop site updates?

Has anyone any experience with disabling the gather functionality, To prevent the auto-update of site content?
It would be ideal if we could decide when to move onto new site versions instead of the content being pulled by default.

You could configure the server for Airgap Mode and use the Airgap tool to update your sites manually.

1 Like

…keeping in mind that some vendors, Google Chrome in particular, frequently update their download binaries, and if you use an older version of the fixlet the downloads might fail

1 Like

Hey Jason,

Airgap is a interesting idea, although I guess that’s an all or nothing approach? Ideally I’d like patch and support sites to continue to update automatically, while other content like CIS checks could be blocked.

I’d like the best of both worlds!

You could script the Airgap Tool in non-extraction mode to only update the sites you want and use your own scheduler to run it (daily, hourly, etc); and have a separate config to update the Checklist Sites on a different schedule if you like.

We don’t currently have a built-in way to use custom schedules for different sites, but that might make a good RFE.

Otherwise, most customers don’t use the checklist sites directly - they use the Custom Checklist Wizard to create duplicates of the default sites, customize those to match their own policies, and synchronize the site with the source checklist when there are updates published.

2 Likes

Thanks Jason, all good things to consider.