A Question About Warnings for Outdated Clients on the Console

Hi all …

An agent was deployed to a computer running HP-UX B.11.23 and connects to the BigFix server fine. I know there’s no 9.5.x BigFix client for HP-UX; they’re all in the 9.2.x code stream. The console gives a warning, marked critical, saying “BES Client no longer supported on your Operating System”. In this case, there is nothing that can be done because there is no upgraded client available for HP-UX. My customer expressed concern about this warning.

(1) To allay my customer’s concern, I assume that in this case, this warning can be safely ignored, yes?
(2) Would it be possible to place in the warning’s description something to the effect of “There is no 9.5.x HP-UX client and the older 9.2-based clients will work just fine; in this case, you can ignore this warning.” (If something like this is already there, my bad; I don’t have visibility to the customer’s console.)

–Mark

The HP UX agent support was dropped in 9.5 however you can continue to use the 9.2 agent with the 9.5 server. Thus yes the warining can be ignored as long as you levegare only functions supported by the 9.2 agent.

Note that the fixlet 712 “WARNING: BES Client no longer supported on your Operating System” already have the following note: “These agent installs will continue to operate, however they cannot be upgraded to the current release or use new features and capabilities and are not under support with a 9.5 deployment unless they are version 9.1 or greater.”