9.5 Patch 5 CPM Issue

After updating the server I am unable to apply any pattern updates to Core Protection Module endpoints. I’m getting Download error: “Unexpected HTTP response: 400 Bad Request” . I was wondering if anybody else was getting this or has seen this error in the past.

1 Like

Did you find a resolution to the issue?

I’m getting something similar after the update. Most endpoints now just sit at “Pending Downloads” when trying to update definitions.

I’m getting same issue as you.

I have the same issue - anyone find a solution?

The response I got from IBM .

"To start, I wanted to tell you that CPM has been slated for End of Support
on December 17, 2017 and as a result Trend is only doing defect support
and not enhancements, features, or concurrency. Instead, there is a free
migration to Trend OfficeScan being offered (see Trend for more info).

The issue you are seeing happens after upgrading the BigFix software
to 9.5.5. You have the option to try to downgrade the BES Client or
perform the updates manually."

Thanks for providing an update but my issue started when we upgraded to 9.5.6.

I was looking at why it failed, and it appears that the download URL is incorrect.
For example:
http://127.0.0.1:52311/cpm/patterns/“20170815_062754”/pattern/cvsapi595.zip

Notice the quotes? I think that is the issue but when I looked at the action script, I couldnt figure it out. Maybe some else with more skill can take a look.

add prefetch item {concatenation “;” of ((preceding text of first “sha1=” of it) & (“sha1=”) & ((it as lowercase) of (following text of first “sha1=” of it) of (preceding text of first “size=” of it)) & (“size=”) & (following text of first “size=” of it)) of ((preceding text of first “url=” of it) & (“url=http://127.0.0.1:” & ((value “ListenPort” of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\GlobalOptions” of registry) as string) & “/cpm/patterns/” & ((key “version” of section “pattern” of file ((pathname of client folder of site “CustomSite_FileOnlyCustomSite_CPMAutoUpdate”) & “\manifest.ini”)) as string) & “/”) & (following text of first “url=” of it)) of (lines whose (it as string != “”) of file ((pathname of client folder of site “CustomSite_FileOnlyCustomSite_CPMAutoUpdate”) & “\urllist.txt”) as string)}

In the meantime, I am running the download from cloud option but I have some subnets that dont have internet access.

Same issue- and definitely the quotes- can’t figure out which ones to remove. If someone can assist, we would appreciate it. Product is going to retire and we’re slowly transitioning existing clients to another platform but they still need to receive updates until cut-over point, thanks

@paco the quoted string you see in the download URL comes from this section of code:

((key "version" of section "pattern" of file ((pathname of client folder of site CustomSite_FileOnlyCustomSite_CPMAutoUpdate") & "\manifest.ini")) as string)

According to the CPM troubleshooting article here, the manifest.ini file contains a key called ‘version’ with a value like “20170815_062754” that literally includes double quotes on either end.

Try adding this relevance: substring between “%22” of , right before the section quoted above in your custom copy of the appropriate task or Fixlet. This will strip out the extraneous double-quotes (%22 is the way to get relevance to take the double-quote character literally).

add prefetch item {concatenation “;” of ((preceding text of first “sha1=” of it) & (“sha1=”) & ((it as lowercase) of (following text of first “sha1=” of it) of (preceding text of first “size=” of it)) & (“size=”) & (following text of first “size=” of it)) of ((preceding text of first “url=” of it) & (“url=http://127.0.0.1:” & ((value “ListenPort” of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\GlobalOptions” of registry) as string) & “/cpm/patterns/” & substring between “%22” of ((key “version” of section “pattern” of file ((pathname of client folder of site “CustomSite_FileOnlyCustomSite_CPMAutoUpdate”) & “\manifest.ini”)) as string) & “/”) & (following text of first “url=” of it)) of (lines whose (it as string != “”) of file ((pathname of client folder of site “CustomSite_FileOnlyCustomSite_CPMAutoUpdate”) & “\urllist.txt”) as string)}

I don’t have CPM, so I cannot test it.

Thanks for your prompt reply @itsmpro92 it’s appreciated.

Tried it and it errors. Also noticed the MAC URL had this in its relevance;

add prefetch item {concatenation “;” of ((preceding text of first “sha1=” of it) & (“sha1=”) & ((it as lowercase) of (following text of first “sha1=” of it) of (preceding text of first “size=” of it)) & (“size=”) & (following text of first “size=” of it)) of ((preceding text of first “url=” of it) & (“url=http://127.0.0.1:” & ((string “Value” of dictionary “ListenPort” of dictionary “GlobalOptions” of dictionary “Options” of dictionary of file “/Library/Preferences/com.bigfix.BESAgent.plist”) as string) & “/cpm/patterns/” & (if (it contains “%22”) then (following text of first “%22” of preceding text of last “%22” of it) else (it)) of ((key “version” of section “pattern” of file ((pathname of folder “/Library/Application Support/BigFix/BES Agent/__BESData/CustomSite_FileOnlyCustomSite_CPMAutoUpdate”) & “/manifest.ini”)) as string) & “/”) & (following text of first “url=” of it)) of (lines whose (it as string != “”) of file ((pathname of client folder of site “CustomSite_FileOnlyCustomSite_CPMAutoUpdate”) & “/urllist.txt”) as string)}

I’ve tried this as well and still no go. Have logged a PMR- will provide feedback once I get an resolution. Cheers

Resolved.

Response from IBM- this is a known issue, there is a workaround;

1. Search the failed failed-download file name from the action in the cpm/patterns folders.
  2. After you find the file in the cpm/patterns folder, make a copy of the file and rename it to the sha1 value
  3. Then copy the renamed file to the BES Server folder; \wwwrootbes\bfmirror\downloads\sha1

The action which shows failed will should now show as complete.

/IBM thanks Jeniffer.

1 Like