9.5.7 upgrade - problem upgrading standalone Web Reports

Tried using the Fixlet to upgrade 9.5.6 to 9.5.7, and the Web Reports fixlet never completed. After 50 minutes of no updates at c:\beswebreportsupgrade.log, I stopped the BES client and the upgrade processes and tried to manually install the BES server upgrade.

After extracting, it asked whether I wanted to remove and update the server (again this is Web Reports only, not a BES Root) and I acknowledged yes. It comes back with a SQL connection error (this is a SQL 2016 on the same host as Web Reports):

Named Pipes is disabled in the server protocols, I enabled it and got the same error. Then I tried disabling named pipes in the SQL Native Client (32 and 64 bit), and now I get an error about the TCP connect -

How can I tell which server it’s trying (to verify it’s trying BESReporting on localhost and not trying to hit the BES Root server)?

…in odbcad32 (both x32 and x64), it looks like the DSNs have been clobbered?

DSN for “LocalBESReportingServer” points at server “LocalBESReportingServer”, where I’d expect something like “.\MSSQLSERVER” or “.” or “HOSTNAME\instance”.

DSN for “enterprise_setup” points at Server “enterprise_setup”

DSN for “bes_bfenterpise” points at Server “bes_bfenterprise”

All of the Authentications are set at “SQL Server authentication” with Login ID “SYSTEM” and not password set. That was previously using Windows Integrated authentication.

I’m manually updated the DSNs, and I’m trying again. It’s progressed further…

Did it ever complete?

Ah yes, sorry moved on to other problems last night. But Web Reports is up &running happily now.

DSA replication, not so much.

Yeah, I find DSA replication to be a finicky process at times!

Best of luck and hope you don’t let it spoil your holiday!