17025 Exit Code

Ok, I get a lot of Exit Code’s 17025, which means the patch is already installed. What can I type in my fixlet to have BigFix ignore this 17025 code and tag the Action of Completed? Is this even possible?

Thanks.

I am expecting the Bigfix fixlet evaluate not relevant if the patch is already installed and the action got skipped. It appears you have either a false positive relevance, or more propably a problem with the logic in the Microsoft detection of that specific path. To further investigate the problem, add more details about the failing fixlets, so that the patch team can investigate it.

As already suggested by @FDA, knowing what fixlet(s) this is, is going to help. I presume as its a 17025 exit code it is possibly fixlets for Office. Sometimes with Office updates, if the fixlet is looking for a specific patch UID in the registry but a later update has been applied which may also apply the earlier update but with a different patch UID, this can cause a false positive. You might be able to deconstruct the fixlet relevance to break it into a series of checks to isolate the exact component triggering the fixlet to be seen as relevant which I’ve found very helpful when opening a support case.