10.0.4 DB Deadlocks

We have always seen occasional deadlocks to the Bigfix database over the years. Some versions were more prone than others. Having recently upgraded to 10.0.4, we’ve noticed an uptick in deadlocks. Anyone else seeing them?

The odds of a deadlock seems to rise when site content is updated in my observations.

Running 10.0.3 and have not had history, but I noted deadlock errors for the first time ever as far as I can recall last week.

I believe it did coincide with a site import/GatherDb activity and has not reoccurred.

We’re continuing to see elevated instances of deadlocks on 10.0.4. Some coincide with site updates published by HCL, but also seeing more random deadlocks in the middle of the business day. I’m getting visibility to them via the SQL monitoring module of Solarwinds that is keeping tabs on our Bigfix databases.

Many of these deadlocks appear to resolve themselves without intervention. However every few days there is one that does materially impact either the console data, FillDB, WebUI, and/or WebReports.

I would recommend working with Support to perform deadlock tracing to collect information for Development to identify the cause and determine next steps here.